One of the most adored babies of the Internet is the category of online games which has almost made it to the daily routine of everyone with access to advanced technology. Technological advancement has led to amazing progression in gaming, gluing you to your gaming device for hours together. These games are more addictive than single-player games where you can compete with experts in your favorite game, contact them, get motivated and be ranked a champion. The rewards keep you determined and call for your attention each moment. Everyone aspires to be the best, despite age/gender limits.
But are they all full of fun as they sound? Let’s consider some game facts.
- Companies often give you the illusion that you have a choice in the game. But the truth is there are barriers and a misapprehension of freedom is created where you say/type what the stipulated programs want you to do.
- Another aspect is that there is no discrimination with regard to race, culture, gender, religion, IQ etc. At times this could get you to compete with novices which could disappoint you.
- No matter what you gain/loss, the company just requires your money.
- There is a serious effect of enacting game events, engaging in violence and even listening to other gamers, thus ending up in trouble.
- Gaming is just fun for many, but the moment you take it to the level of real life profit; you could find yourself getting entangled.
- Don’t expect to be an expert unless you invest all your time and energy into it. This could be costly in terms of your time, relationships, health, and sleeping habits.
- As you get indulged in the game, you end up a prey to its consequences, the least of which is investing your money for all the ‘sell’ aspects of the game.
- Gaming world is fictional, but your representing character gives out all of what you are in your real life to a bunch of people who you are not even sure, exists. So if you really want an online position, make sure you do it with those you know well.
- There is a thin line between sensible use and addiction. Gaming always wants to sell you items which give you the power to blast-off obstacles and place you in an elitist group. It needs sense to understand and avoid unnecessary eccentricities.
- This world is filled with greed and choosing to play with another player is only a means to an end. You are on your own, though you are given the perception of a team.
Online gaming world is challenging in so many ways. It requires patience, aggression, time and assertiveness, sense of humor and above all sense of fun. If you want to get into it, ensure that you train yourself beforehand to make wise and sensible decisions at times that call for it. Gaming is so much fun and is proven to be good for an active brain if used wisely.